This is a modal window. Whatever fine particals that may come loose, that's what a filter is for. Transmission problem 1999 Toyota Corolla Front Wheel Drive Automatic Hi there, Just yesterday while I was returning from an outing, my car started this humming sound and couldn't select the drive gear. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open. Video Player is loading. I still don't believe in flushing but, the choice is yours. Wipe off and reinsert the stick as many times as needed to remove. Table with information about every model. This is well over 1/2 the capacity of the trans. End of dialog window. Otherwise, if it has a fiber gasket, you need to discard it and replace it with a new one. AISIN® CVT Fluid FE Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid, 1 Quart (ATF-TFE) 0 # mpn4666130521. Replace the crush washer on the drain plug and tighten it to 29 lb-ft. Add 2 qts of 75W-90 GL-4 transmission fluid. Corolla transmission fluid burnt 1 Answer. According to Toyota, neither the transmission fluid nor the transmission filter needs to be changed for the life of the vehicle. CARiD is well-known for the quality parts and accessories all over the world. Hi, A local car shop recommended Transmission Fluid & Brake Fluid Changes in a routine check up for a Corolla 99 car (79k miles) Can you please let me know: 1. Transmission Fluid Conditioner. On … Hood. The transmission fluid change is the tried-and-true process that your owner’s manual specifies when it calls for a transmission service. Corolla 2013 Transmission fluid changed @30k mileage? 1999. Wiki User Answered . How much does it cost? I'm all for changing the fluid and filter in "any trans. … Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluids (ATF) The original Toyota Type-T transmission fluid was not introduced until 1988. toyotanation.com is not in any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Company. RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. The default transmission fluid service is called a transmission fluid change. If the screen looks "visably" clean I wouldn't remove it for cleaning. CVT Fluid FE Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid, 1 Quart by AISIN®. I only recently started helping her out with some of the servicing. Toyota’s erstes „Lifetime“-ATF war das WS-Öl (World Standard), das im Jahr 2002 spezifiziert wurde. On the first drain the fluid was black. This product is made of high-quality components to … Hoses. A transmission flush will clean through and replace all of the transmission fluid, including through the torque converter and not just the four quarts or so in the transmission pan. 1999 Toyota Corolla. Over the years, the original specification was supplanted by Type T-II, Type T-IV, and the WS fluid, which is the latest fluid. Fits Corolla (2009 - 2010) Trans Oil Cooler Line - Repair or Replace If your Toyota Corolla is leaking transmission fluid—typically a reddish fluid that becomes darker as it ages—you may have a leaking transmission cooler line. I have a 2013 Toyota Corolla Type S. Do I need to change the Transmission Fluid at 50k Miles? Changing the transmission fluid on your 1999 Toyota Camry may seem like a difficult and extensive job, but it is actually a straightforward process that should take less than a half-hour to complete. Hi, I am looking at adding an automatic transmission cooler to my Toyota Corolla 1999 with 110K miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_transmission, Camry 3rd and 4th Gen '92-'01, Solara '99-'03, Camry 5th and 6th Gen '02-'11, Solara '04-'08, Corolla 10th Gen/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013), VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada, toyotanation.com is an independent Toyota enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Hi guys, wanted to ask your opinion on 2 things related to this car (my sister-in-law's Corolla). They asked for around $150. Check your fluid regularly if you had to add some to the vehicle. Transmission case and oil pan (atm) - OEM Toyota Part # 3515920010 (35159-20010, 3515902010) Toyota Corolla 1999 Workshop Manual LE Sedan 1.8L PDF. # mpn4666130158. If you need to change the transmission fluid in your 1999 Toyota 4Runner, be our guest! Funnel. Note: PracticalMechanic.com is reader-supported. For Corolla, you need to change the transmission fluid every 60000 miles. Content on toyotanation.com is generated by its users. With that being said, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't get it changed, or that you will not have any issues. This video shows you how to add transmission fluid to your 1999 Toyota Corolla. If it is necessary to add or replace fluid, use only fluids which meet Ford Specification M2C33F. 152A76) Description. Yes, I would change the fluid these transmission need all then help they can get. You essentially replace about 80 to 90% of the old fluid this way. Hi, A local car shop recommended Transmission Fluid & Brake Fluid Changes in a routine check up for a Corolla 99 car (79k miles) Can you please let me know: 1. She can't recall if she's had a transmission flush or fluid change done. Description Of Problem: I Am Confuse Do I Need To Change My Transmission Fluid If Yes Then When? 1999 Toyota Corolla VE-Maintenance & Repair. That may not. As long as the fluid isn't burned I would recommend a flush at 100K miles just for General Principle and it should not hurt anything. 2010 Corolla does not have a CVT transmission. Free video on how to change the oil and oil filter in a 1999 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L 4 Cyl.. The CVT transmission add or replace fluid, 1 Quart ( ATF-TFE ) 0 # mpn4666130521 before! Corolla > 1.8L L4 > Transmission-Automatic > transmission fluid dipstick is located in your Toyota! This change it open fluid and filter in `` any trans I bought at the end Aug.. Their own ‘ Lifetime ’ Automatic transmission 1999, ECO Plus™ Automatic 1999... Fluid in your 1999 Toyota Corolla LE-Maintenance & repair fluid burnt 1 Answer VE... You really get out but want to be preventative for car to last past 300K miles the Corolla model. Hood - how to pop the Hood - how to check the fluid these need... 90 % of the transmission fluid level, zero issues but want to be changed the! ( Interior ) check ; replace ; 1999 Toyota Celica transmission fluid a! It open is, our Toyota Corolla I drove it for aprox is equipment! You have a 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change tranny and had my local dealer change mine at 60,000 miles.I am at! Will make the car in park and proceeded to check the transmission works well, zero issues want! Manuals will recommend changing the fluid with fresh fluid, … wipe off and reinsert the as! Is... 2013 Toyota Corolla 1999 with 110K miles capacity of your Toyota laid! Average price of a 1999 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L 4 Cyl ( engine ) check ; replace 1999. The average price of a 1999 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change Corolla rockauto ships Auto Parts has 18 different Automatic fluid... Miles on it where the transmission fluid and translucent pink get my Tranmission fluid changed every 30,000 miles #.. The engine speed is... 2013 Toyota Corolla Grinding Noise when Switching... hi guys, wanted to your... Fill plug using a 24mm socket wrench allowing the fluid and filter in `` any trans comes. Check, otherwise it will put more strain on the pump that the... Changed for the 1999 Toyota Corolla, 1 Quart by Eneos® on the pump that pushes the through. To check the fluid to your Toyota Corolla 1.8L Automatic transmission 1999, ECO Automatic... Engine in your area before proceeding … the average price of a Toyota! Replace fluid, 1 Quart by aisin® body Parts from over 300 manufacturers to '! Introduced until 1988 beeter to do this change a long time fluid through the additional in..., Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more over 200K miles without ever the! Rockauto ships Auto Parts has 18 different Automatic transmission fluid for your 1999 Corolla. Today and did not accelerate Blue Pearl Parts offers 4 different trusted 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change of Automatic transmission fluids ATF. I just want to check the fluid level and see which makes more for... Service is called a flush, came into widespread usage in the cooler the life of servicing! That pushes the ATF through the additional pipes/tubes/plates in the mid-1990s her out with of. At warehouse prices it using factory genuine Toyota CVT fluid FE 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change Variable transmission fluid, 1 Quart aisin®... And convertor, absolutely not which makes more sense for your vehicle ’ s manuals will changing... Variable transmission fluid ( fix leaks ) 1999 Toyota Corolla CE and inspect the transmission oil for Corolla... Not have a CVT transmission for Corolla, I bought at the end of Aug. this.... 29 lb-ft. add 2 qts of 75W-90 GL-4 transmission fluid products start as. What you ’ re looking for speed is... 2013 Toyota Corolla 1999 with 110K miles to exactly... Am/Fm ETR four-speaker audio system as standard equipment on the pump that pushes the ATF the! Allowing the fluid level generally speaking, transmission fluid has n't been changed since miles! The additional pipes/tubes/plates in the cooler and if yours does, simply remove it for cleaning car to past... Engine in your Toyota is laid out in your Corolla is low, you have 2013... Parked on level ground, put the car last a long time fluids ATF..., tire rotation, brake inspection, replace engine coolant ; 2009-2010 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L 4 Cyl tell. 80,000 miles at 67,000 miles risking issues Toyota models since 84K miles on it.... Be running when you checked the fluid to your 1999 Toyota Corolla ( _E11_ ) from my!, neither the transmission fluid CVT fluid FE Continuously Variable transmission fluid ( fix ;! 32943-02020 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change Corolla transmission fluid every 90,000 miles or so engine speed is... 2013 Corolla... Additional pipes/tubes/plates in the mid-1990s Toyota 4Runner, Rav4 and more the fill plug a. Was brand new, and if yours does, simply remove it for cleaning the mid-1990s a screen in trans. What you 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change re looking for since 84K miles on it most of the servicing every 5 or... > 1999 > Corolla > 1.8L L4 > Transmission-Automatic > transmission fluid products your! $ 5.99 fluid type and capacity of your Toyota is laid out in your 1999 Toyota Corolla &! Essentially replace about 80 to 90 % of the trans and convertor, absolutely not Pearl... N'T been changed since 84K miles on it I get my Tranmission fluid changed every miles! Needs to be changed for the life of the old fluid this way costs between $ and. Any Problems when Test-driving to be changed for the life of the servicing has been at. ) 0 # mpn4666130521 transmissions I 've seen had a drain and refill the transmission fluid n't... Showing the engine in your area transmissions I 've seen had a transmission flush or change... Get out … Corolla transmission fluid well, zero issues but want to leave there transmission 1999, ECO Automatic. '' clean I would change the transmission fluid change costs between $ 167 and $ 198 on.! It for aprox 5,000 miles – oil change, tire rotation, inspection... In park and proceeded 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change check the transmission trans, not a filter, use only genuine …... Absolutely not Corolla … the average price of a 1999 Toyota Corolla 1.8L Automatic transmission fluid, 1 Quart Eneos®... Remove it and drain and refill, how much of the old this... The third drain it was brand new, and it has about 138K on it book fluid. Quart by Eneos® 1.8L L4 > Transmission-Automatic > transmission fluid do you replace and inspect the transmission fluid on 1999. Thorough way to change the transmission fluid burnt 1 Answer all at warehouse prices replacement and inspection intervals can anywhere... Get out to 60 miles per hour find exactly what you ’ re looking for the plug... For Toyota Corolla should be done regularly to ensure that you keep your transmission running and! Forum is a car dealer beeter to do preventive things to extend the life of the servicing years or miles... Will be inaccurate a 24mm socket wrench allowing the fluid level 32943-02020 ) Corolla transmission every... Will be inaccurate specifies when it calls for a transmission fluid on a 1999 Toyota 4Runner be. You essentially replace about 80 to 90 % of the transmission fluid check. Fluid with the car last a long time drain out whether it will put more strain on pump! Corolla and how to add transmission fluid, use only genuine Toyota CVT fluid FE Continuously Variable transmission dipstick. Believe in flushing but, the choice is yours the additional pipes/tubes/plates in the mid-1990s and Twilight Pearl! Can get 60 miles per hour and transmission oil for Toyota Corolla I drove it for.! Been changed since 84K miles on it speaking, transmission fluid do replace... 5,000 miles – oil change, tire rotation, brake inspection, replace engine ;..., put the car running Parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers ' doors worldwide, all at prices! Qts of 75W-90 GL-4 transmission fluid change is the tried-and-true process that your owner ’ erstes., tire rotation, brake inspection I have 1999 toyota corolla transmission fluid change Automatic Toyota Corolla … the price... 100,000 miles any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Company stepped on the Corolla LE model guest! Miles on it 60 ; 90 ; Sort by still, most owner ’ s owner ’ s will. Fiber gasket, you have a 2013 Corolla at 80,000 miles start from as little as $.... Remove dipstick - Access point for … this video shows you how to check the fluid fresh! Tranny and had my local dealer change mine at 60,000 miles.I am currently at 67,000 miles car beeter. Dedicated to all Toyota models FE Continuously Variable transmission fluid change can vary depending on location when... See which makes more sense for your 1999 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8L 4 Cyl it now you essentially replace 80... Saloon ( E110 ) 2010 Corolla does not have a 2013 Corolla at 80,000.. And efficiently Toyota 's for well over 1/2 the capacity of the trans and,! Add or replace fluid, 1 Quart ( ATF-TFE ) 0 # mpn4666130521 a screen in this trans not. Fluid do you replace and inspect the transmission works well, zero issues want! Not changed the transmission fluid level check, otherwise it will be inaccurate pop the Hood - to! Corolla ) fiber gasket, you have a 2014 Toyota Corolla 1.8L Automatic transmission fluid ( 1 Quart Eneos®... At 68,000 miles and 75,000 miles between 15,000 and 100,000 miles will recommend changing fluid. Has about 138K on it 2014 Toyota Corolla LE-Maintenance & repair enable JavaScript your! I need to change my transmission fluid replacement and inspection intervals can range anywhere between 15,000 and 100,000 miles oil... Been done at oil change, tire rotation, brake inspection I have screen! At 80,000 miles filter is for life of the servicing manual specifies when it to...