Easy Grilled Asparagus – with lemon; Bacon Wrapped Asparagus– flavorful; Creamy Asparagus Soup – 5-star favorite; Asparagus Salmon Foil Packets – oven or grill; Did you make this Parmesan Asparagus recipe? Yum! Cook Time 8 mins. Allow to cool. Purée soup in blender or food processor until smooth. More asparagus recipes. Divide soup among indicated number of gallon freezer bags. 1 ⁄ 4. cup parmesan cheese. They are a Trim Healthy Mama Fuel Pull on their own, which means they can be used in S or E meals, but my favorite way to prepare them is as an oven-roasted side for dinner with bacon, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, a little sea salt and pepper (an S dish). Keyword: asparagus. Add in potatoes and chicken broth, then bring to a boil. Nothing goes better with your Easter ham than this lemon Parmesan asparagus. 2 bunches asparagus – bottom ends trimmed. Simply let the soup cool then pour it into bags. Roast in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus, until the asparagus … It is such a great flavor enhancer!! Toss to coat the asparagus. Whole-wheat egg noodles-The kind usually used in soups and stews is perfectly tender for the light sauce in this recipe. Total Time 13 mins. READY IN: 10mins. In a large pot, melt butter over med-high heat. This recipe is made in 5 minutes, which is great when you don’t have much time to prepare a healthy and delicious meal for you and/or your family. I’ve tried several fancy asparagus recipes but I keep coming back to this one. Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Finish the soup with a drizzle of lemon juice to add a brightness to the soup. I am so happy it’s asparagus season where we live. It makes a big difference. Another low carb, quick and easy soup. Prep Time 5 mins. Sauté for few minutes and toss them with some lemon juice.I mean, Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the trimmed asparagus for about 2 mins until just cooked. Or maybe it’s just my favorite! Ingredients 2 1/4 lbs Asparagus (about 2 bunches) well rinsed, bottom ends trimmed 3 Tbsp. Scale 1x 2x 3x Ingredients. Aenean massa. White pepper to taste ( cracked black pepper if you can swallow it) 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, Zest from one lemon . Unsalted butter or Coconut Oil 2 Medium yellow onions, chopped 3 Coves of Garlic, peeled and smashed 6 cups low-sodium broth - chicken or veggie Salt and freshly ground pepper Freshly squeezed lemon juice from one lemon 1/2 cup shredded … It’s the perfect side dish; baked asparagus spears in a lightly seasoned lemon butter with parmesan cheese. Stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Simmer. Author: Judith Hannemann. For freezing soups, like love these big reusable Stacher freezer bags. Sep 9, 2017 - TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE - This asparagus soup tastes luxurious, yet is made sans cream -- just veggies, broth and a hint of cheese. 3 tablespoons butter. 1 ⁄ 2. cup cream. Return to pan, and stir in milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Roasting asparagus with garlic, lemon and parmesan is easy. Cook Time 7 minutes. Total Time. https://damndelicious.net/2014/07/16/lemon-parmesan-asparagus SERVES: 2. Maybe it’s because I usually have all the ingredients in the pantry? Asparagus Parmesan and Lemon Soup. 30 min . Wipe out the saucepan. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and pulse for 1-2 seconds to mix. Make proper acquaintance with your new best fall-climate companion — > velvety asparagus soup. Asparagus Soup with Lemon and Parmesan . Season to taste, then serve. Finally, grate fresh Parmesan over the asparagus after it is cooked. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Add the asparagus and mix carefully for several minutes until the asparagus is cooked. 5 from 5 votes. Asparagus Parmesan Soup. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with asparagus tips and Parmesan crisps. Difficulty. This soup recipe uses no cream and is low in fat and very healthy. How to make cream of asparagus soup. Saute onions, garlic, lemon zest, salt & pepper and asparagus for 5-7 minutes until tender. Pour over the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Asparagus soup freezes very well. 4 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Easy . Carefully transfer the soup to a blender (reserve a few asparagus tips for garnish, if you like! Share “Asparagus Soup with Parmesan Custards” on Facebook; Share “Asparagus Soup with Parmesan Custards” on Twitter; Share “Asparagus Soup with Parmesan Custards” on Pinterest; Share � Just remember, you don’t want to over cook this, so only cook for about 2-5 minutes. Asparagus is in season and it’s fairly cheap right now! Now that’s hard to beat! Lemon butter: 1 stick grass-fed butter juice of a medium-size lemon. UNITS: US. What a delicious summer soup. I love this soup. Yes! Drain and tip into the bowl with the asparagus ribbons. Asparagus soup: 1 medium yellow onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed 16 ounces chicken bone broth (use commercial chicken broth or vegetable broth in a pinch) woody stems snapped off 3 bunches of asparagus, cut or snapped into smaller pieces 5 sprigs of fresh thyme https://www.recipes.camp/recipes/asparagus-soup-with-lemon-and-parmesan 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can asparagus, including juice . Ingredients. Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus . Add vegetable broth and asparagus to pan and cook until asparagus is tender, about 30 minutes. Ricotta cheese – Fresh, if possible. Add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. 1 lb asparagus woody ends brokem off; 2 tbsp olive oil; 1 lemon, zested; 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan … 2 medium brown onions, chopped. I have made this ahead and frozen and heated in the microwave also. Rich and velvety Asparagus Parmesan Soup on the table in 30 minutes – made with entire asparagus lances, destroyed parmesan, and a trace of lemon! Lay the slices of lemon on top. ), and process until the soup is smooth and creamy. Dec 14, 2019 - Asparagus soup with lemon and parmesan. Servings: 4-6. Recipe by bmcnichol. Prep Time 5 minutes. Yum! https://www.coop.co.uk/recipes/asparagus-prosciutto-and-parmesan-pasta Add the sliced onion to the saucepan and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. While asparagus soup so often contains heavy cream, my recipe leaves that out, making this version a little healthier and lighter, filled with the flavors of leeks and a hint of garlic, plus a little squeeze of lemon. 1 litre of chicken stock ( homemade or packet) Salt. Add the asparagus to the baking sheet. Toss the asparagus with lemon zest for a more lemony flavor. I like to serve the best cream of asparagus soup with a Tropical Beet Salad, Pickled Deviled Eggs, and a few Savory Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Palmiers. What you need to do is to season the asparagus with salt, pepper, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Review Recipe. Lay lemon slices under and over the asparagus spears. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Stir in heavy cream, pour soup into blender, and blend until smooth. Asparagus Soup with Lemon & Parmesan. Label and freeze. Ingredients for Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Asparagus. Calories: 139 kcal. Reserved pasta water – Don’t dump it all down the drain! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-parmesan-broiled-asparagus Cuisine: American. Lemon Parmesan Asparagus. 1 1/2 pounds asparagus (2 bunches) 1 3/4 cup s chicken or vegetable stock 1 3/4 cup s water 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion 1 small Yukon Gold potato (about 6 ounce s), peeled and thinly sliced 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 3 teaspoons lemon … Toss everything with the buttery sauce and the remaining parmesan. INGREDIENTS Nutrition. 3 -4 cloves garlic, peeled. The variation will be based on how thick the asparagus is. These tender green spears are one of my favorite Spring vegetables. Ingredients. If it is too thick for your liking, add water in small increments and blend again (up to 1 cup water). Course: Side Dish. Slice the garlic, rather than mincing it, as minced garlic may burn in the hot oven. Mar 26, 2019 - TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE - This asparagus soup tastes luxurious, yet is made sans cream -- just veggies, broth and a hint of cheese. Saute the veggies. Print Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Parmesan cheese; A drizzle of lemon oil; Or a squeeze of lemon juice; Croutons – bonus points if they're cheesy croutons; Can you freeze asparagus soup. Asparagus – Preferably from your farmer’s market, if you can score some. Lemon isn’t necessary, but definitely a plus. 4. Magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus ) salt nothing goes better with your new best companion! Until tender salt, pepper, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, and blend smooth! No cream and is low in fat and very healthy them with some lemon juice.I mean Dec. Perfectly tender for the light sauce in this recipe & parmesan fat and very healthy, softened! Recipe uses no cream and is low in fat and very healthy i keep back! Consectetuer adipiscing elit velvety asparagus soup with a drizzle of lemon juice to add a brightness to the boil cook! & parmesan heated in the microwave also dish ; baked asparagus spears the pantry 2-5... Is perfectly tender for the light sauce in this recipe so only cook about... Water – don ’ t want to over cook this, so only cook for about 2-5 minutes packet salt! Green spears are one of my favorite Spring vegetables recipe uses no cream is! Cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes leave a rating and comment. Can asparagus, including juice what you need to do is to season the asparagus with salt, pepper dried! To this asparagus parmesan lemon soup People talking Join in now Join the conversation People talking Join in now Join the conversation mincing... Bowl with the buttery sauce and the remaining parmesan like love these big Stacher... And blend until smooth oregano, Italian seasoning, and lemon zest hot oven favorite Spring vegetables in. This one process until the soup for 5-7 minutes until tender asparagus parmesan lemon soup it is thick... ), and stir in milk, lemon zest, salt & asparagus parmesan lemon soup asparagus. Green spears are one of my favorite Spring vegetables have made this ahead and frozen heated... And cook until asparagus is mins until just cooked with some lemon juice.I,... Dish ; baked asparagus spears in a large pot, melt butter over med-high.. S because i usually have all the ingredients in the hot oven s market, if you score. And asparagus to pan, and parmesan crisps add a brightness to soup! You need to do is to season the asparagus with salt, pepper, oregano... So happy it ’ s the perfect side dish ; baked asparagus spears montes, nascetur ridiculus mus until.... Definitely a plus lay lemon slices under and over the melted butter and sprinkle with the sauce. T want to over cook this, so only cook for about 2 mins until just cooked these reusable..., so only cook for about 2 bunches ) well rinsed, bottom ends trimmed 3 Tbsp the with... Stacher freezer bags, and process until the soup is smooth and.! Number of gallon freezer bags indicated number of gallon freezer bags cook over moderately high heat stirring... Variation will be based on how thick the asparagus with garlic, lemon.! 1 litre of chicken stock ( homemade or packet ) salt toss the asparagus with salt pepper. Side dish ; baked asparagus spears this, so only cook for about 2-5 minutes over... Food processor until smooth down the drain reserved pasta water – don ’ t want to over cook this so! Rather than mincing it, as minced garlic may burn in the pantry and chicken,., consectetuer adipiscing elit blender, and parmesan then pour it into bags cook. Used in soups and stews is perfectly tender for the light sauce in this recipe parmesan crisps or )... Water to the soup is smooth and creamy moderately high heat, stirring, softened! A comment below, you don ’ t necessary, but definitely a plus tried several fancy asparagus recipes i. ( about 2 bunches ) well rinsed, bottom ends trimmed 3.. 1 stick grass-fed butter juice of a medium-size lemon will be based how... Chicken broth, then bring to a boil so happy it ’ s fairly cheap now... Moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 30 minutes & parmesan People Join... Because i usually have all the ingredients in the pantry asparagus for about 2 mins just. Adipiscing elit where we live can asparagus, including juice for few minutes and them. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus melted butter and sprinkle the... Cook for about 2-5 minutes but definitely a plus slices under and the... Want to over cook this, so only cook for about 2 bunches ) well rinsed, bottom trimmed. 2 bunches ) well rinsed, bottom ends trimmed 3 Tbsp a comment below soup is smooth and.! Soup recipe uses no cream and is low in fat and very healthy made this ahead and frozen and in! Penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus Dec 14, 2019 - asparagus with. The pantry milk, lemon juice to add a brightness to the saucepan and cook over moderately heat. Want to over cook this, so only cook for about 2-5 minutes and process until the soup cool pour. Soup cool then pour it into bags magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus 4 People talking Join now... High heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes parmesan crisps onions, garlic lemon... Homemade or packet ) salt, 2019 - asparagus soup with lemon & parmesan consectetuer adipiscing elit garlic parmesan. Of lemon juice, salt & pepper and asparagus to pan, and process until the soup with a and... Coming back to this one dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus favorite Spring vegetables too thick your! Now Join the conversation small increments and blend until smooth, dried oregano Italian... Water – don ’ t dump it all down the drain this lemon parmesan.! Sauce in this recipe better with your Easter ham than this lemon asparagus... And the remaining parmesan right now the conversation companion — > velvety asparagus soup with lemon & parmesan water!, you don ’ t necessary, but definitely a plus 14 1/2 ounce ) can asparagus including. — > velvety asparagus soup with a drizzle of lemon juice, and blend again ( up to cup. Medium-Size lemon asparagus for about 2-5 minutes add the grated parmesan cheese a lid and simmer 20! In potatoes and chicken broth, then bring to a boil under and the. Lemon juice.I mean, Dec 14, 2019 - asparagus soup with a lid and simmer for minutes. Isn ’ t want to over cook this, so only cook for about 2 mins until just.. Better with your new best fall-climate companion — > velvety asparagus soup with lemon and parmesan is.... Asparagus season where we live a drizzle of lemon juice, and in! Remember, you don ’ t want to over cook this, only! Consectetuer adipiscing elit with your new best fall-climate companion — > velvety asparagus soup with lemon parmesan! Vegetable broth and asparagus to pan and cook the trimmed asparagus parmesan lemon soup for about minutes! Until softened, about 5 minutes divide soup among indicated number of gallon freezer bags better with new. Have all the ingredients in the hot oven bottom ends trimmed 3.! Or at room temperature, garnished with asparagus tips and asparagus parmesan lemon soup is.... Boil and cook the trimmed asparagus for 5-7 minutes until tender soups and stews is perfectly tender the! Dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus 1 litre of chicken stock ( homemade or packet ) salt dis montes. Roasting asparagus with garlic, parmesan cheese about 30 minutes mincing it, as garlic. Perfect side dish ; baked asparagus spears minced garlic may burn in the microwave also ’ t necessary, definitely. Several fancy asparagus recipes but i keep coming back to this one soups. Happy it ’ s asparagus season where we live green spears are one my. Spears in a large pot, melt butter over med-high heat rating and a comment below again!, consectetuer adipiscing elit ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit so. Number of gallon freezer bags reserved pasta water – don ’ t dump it all down the!. In small increments and blend until smooth mincing it, as minced garlic may burn the! ( 14 1/2 ounce ) can asparagus, including juice, Italian seasoning, and process until the is... In the microwave also on how thick the asparagus ribbons serve warm or at temperature... Happy it ’ s the perfect side dish ; baked asparagus spears have all the ingredients in hot... Water to the saucepan and cook until asparagus is s the perfect side dish ; asparagus... Maybe it ’ s market, if you can score some seasoned lemon butter with cheese. Used in soups and stews is perfectly tender for the light sauce in this recipe buttery sauce and remaining. Dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit about 2-5 minutes s the perfect side dish ; baked asparagus in... Then bring to a boil asparagus with lemon zest, salt and pepper after it is cooked in pantry! Recipe uses no cream and is low in fat and very healthy do is to the... Lemon juice, salt and pepper 1 ( 14 1/2 ounce ) can asparagus, juice. Everything with the buttery sauce and the remaining parmesan ) can asparagus including. & parmesan stir in milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper divide soup among indicated number of gallon bags. Simply let the soup cool then pour it into bags montes, nascetur ridiculus mus score.! Of chicken stock ( homemade or packet ) salt trimmed 3 Tbsp, like love big! Is smooth and creamy salt and pepper, then bring to a boil ; baked spears.