Once hardened, you can transfer them into an airtight container and stack them with pieces of wax paper between the stacked layers. Home » Recipes » Desserts (Baked) » Lofthouse Cookies – Soft Sugar Cookies recipe, LAST UPDATED: November 30, 2020 • FIRST PUBLISHED: November 30, 2020 By Toni Dash - 16 Comments. They are often decorated for upcoming holidays, but are usually seen in a … Are you making the regular or holiday version (with crushed candy canes)? They are rolled into balls & slightly flattened vs being rolled out on a flat surface & cut into … To get the butter perfectly softened, remove it from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to baking. Just like Lofthouse sugar cookies (i.e., a copycat recipe!) Like Butter Cookies they don’t spread when baking. Add a few drops of food coloring and mix until well incorporated. https://www.centercutcook.com/lofthouse-soft-sugar-cookies-copycat-recipe Add the eggs one by one mixing in between (photo 3). In a large bowl combine sugar and butter. These are so cute. They are fun to decorate and easy to change up. Lofthouse soft sugar cookies: This copycat version utterly and completely knock those grocery store look-alikes out of the water. Add food coloring (photo 3) and mix until fully blended (photo 4). These frosted sugar cookies are so soft with the perfect amount of chewy texture! Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. At least now I can make them myself! These chocolate Lofthouse cookies are easy to make, but there are a few key things to keep in mind. Makes the frosting richer and is used to adjust the frosting consistency. Your email address will not be published. These are so delicious and yummy! Drop the dough by large tablespoons or using a medium cookie scoop onto the prepared pan (photo 6). The recipe posted using a cake mix is very good. My kids love these lofthouse cookies! Any food coloring will work but for brilliant lasting color gel food coloring is the best. Using a mixer, combine butter and shortening until completely combined (about a minute). Beloved theme by Restored 316, With Christmas just around the corner, what better cookies to start making than these, Easy to make so you can get the kids or grandkids involved. They are also typically … I’m so glad Barb! Lofthouse Cookies are a favorite store bought soft sugar cookie. Simple almond flour chewy keto cookies that … For more info, read full. This will ensure that your frosting remains intact when storing in the freezer. How to make Lofthouse Sugar Cookies Cream together the butter and sugar on until light and fluffy. These are such a favorite in our home- and having the recipe allows me to add things or change up some of the flavors, such as the almond flavoring or maybe adding peppermint. Mix slowly over low speed until fully combined. You can store your completely baked cookies in an airtight container somewhere cool and dry in your kitchen for a few days or freeze them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and beat until smooth, add another 1/2 cup and beat until smooth. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The cookies can be made and stored ahead of time. Seasonal Recipes. Cornstarch. Light Corn Syrup. I make a butter cream frosting and let the cookies sit & the frosting set up a bit. There’s no sour cream in these lofthouse sugar cookies, but they are melt in your mouth soft because of one … The cookies themselves don’t have an overwhelming amount of flavor. Make them in the classic style or try Lofthouse Cookies with peppermint frosting and decoration for the holidays! I hate to admit how much I love these cookies! Prep Time 10 minutes. A pinch of salt makes all the difference with the flavor. When you are ready to bake them, let them reach room temperature for 30 minutes, preheat the oven, bake, cool and frost. The frosting makes them a showstopper every time. Adding corn syrup adds some sweetening but the more exciting thing is that it causes the frosting to set. If it’s too soft then your cookies will spread and if it’s too hard and cold then your cookies will also be hard. Easy Gluten-Free. Instructions In a medium bowl combine cake flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. The only difference between the regular frosting for Lofthouse Cookies and the holiday version is: In a large bowl mix together the butter and powdered sugar with a hand held or stand mixer (standing or hand held) (photo 1). Oct 16, 2018 - Lofthouse Sugar Cookies. Regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend may be used. Then add sour cream and eggs. Ingredients. Working with one at a time, dollop … Grab a small bowl and add in your dry ingredients and mix it up. is also great for adding wonderful flavor to frosting! Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours. For more details, check out her About page. Confectioner’s or powdered sugar is the sweet base for most frosting recipes, this one included. Welcome! In a large bowl sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt (photo 1). Add in the peppermint extract (if using - for the holiday version only), vanilla extract, corn syrup, salt and half of the heavy cream. I recommend storing in the refrigerator but the container must be airtight. These will be a favorite on the holiday cookie platter! These are so much better than the ones you buy! These are the best cake-like cookies with delicious butter cream and they look so pretty, too! Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (photo 5). In the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment (or you can use a hand … Toni Dash, is the writer/blogger, photographer, recipe developer and creator of Boulder Locavore®. Soft Lofthouse Sugar Cookies make great homemade gifts for friends, neighbors and family! In a small mixing bowl whisk together cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cream of tartar … (you want them soft!). Mix just until combined. « Happy Holidays! All-purpose flour provides a good structure to your cookie, but for best results use cake flour if you have it! Beat in sour cream and vanilla, scraping down … You’ll need 3 large eggs. A great holiday project with the kids and plenty to deliver a few to friends! All Purpose Flour. All Purpose Flour. Add Vanilla, mix. They also assist with browning and flavor. I’m Toni. Mix everything until well combined and the frosting has formed. These iconic sugar cookies are soft and delicious. I hope you love this delicious recipe as much as my family! They turned out perfectly! Prepare a cookie sheet with a non-stick baking spray or line the sheet with parchment paper. They have a certain special something that is impossible to recreate in a homemade copycat Lofthouse Cookie recipe….but we think ourS comes as close as you can get. Your email address will not be published. Start by creaming your butter and sugar. DO NOT OVER-BAKE- you want your cookies soft, not crispy.! We recommend kosher salt for a best tasting salt. Mix until everything is. Baking Soda. Soft on the outside and the inside. Lofthouse Sugar Cookies aren’t like other sugar cookies. You'll see these at the grocery store bakery section all the time, especially during … Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the top of the cookie no longer appears wet. Make your own Lofthouse Sugar Cookies at home! Crushed Peppermints. Helps with rising and the texture. These copycat Lofthouse sugar cookies are gluten free, sugar free, healthy and super tasty. Scoop a heaping tablespoon amount of dough, or use a medium sized cookie scoop, and place dough onto a cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Powdered Sugar. My daughter loves this recipe! Place on a cooling rack or piece of wax paper until frosting sets (15 to 20 minutes). By any chance, if I make a bunch today (or soon) could I freeze them to bring out closer to Christmas? (I use a. NOTE: it will not be creamy at this stage, just mixed. Bake for 8-10 minutes until they no longer appear wet and are just starting to have golden edges. Eggs. To Finish: If you like, tint frosting with a drop or two of gel paste. Learn my tips, recipes, and strategies for making mealtime easy. Any moisture will make them stickier. Place sheets of wax paper between single layer rows of the cookies. Add … The baking powder, baking soda and cornstarch combination keeps the cookies soft and cakey. Travel. The flat bottom of a glass works too. This post may include affiliate links. Her seasonal recipes bring excitement to the dining table for both gluten-free and gluten diners. For gluten … These Lofthouse-style sugar cookies are a super pillowy soft sugar cookie made with sour cream. For more information see: Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The classic Lofthouse cookies are known for being soft, and I love that these are the same way. Store them in the freezer (frosted or not) for 2 – 3 months. It taste like Lofthouse cookies. Move to a wire rack to fully cool before frosting. Lofthouse Cookies are those frosted sugar cookies at the grocery store that come in all different holiday sprinkle combinations (popular options are Valentine’s Day, Easter, Christmas, … Lofthouse cookies are a brand of soft frosted sugar cookies found on many grocery store shelves throughout the year. It can also be found online. Homemade cookies are always best, so skip a trip to the store and make a batch … Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat … Be sure to add them one at a time mixing them in before adding the next one. crushed peppermints will be used on the holiday version. I realize that Shanon said last week that she was the last blogger to post these Lofthouse copycat cookies, but actually I’m right there with you, Shanon! Gives the flavor. Peppermint Extract. The only difference with the holiday version frosting is the addition of peppermint extract and crushed peppermints for topping instead of traditional sprinkles. Set aside. Regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend may be used. In a large bowl sift together the cake flour, baking powder and salt. Add sour cream, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Unsalted Butter. Everyone loves them! I wish I didn’t love these as much as I do, but this recipe makes it so easy to make them! Both recipes are shared below! In a mixing bowl, add butter and sour cream and beat well. Add in eggs one at a time stirring after each addition. You won’t believe how delicious these cookies come out. You can make your cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days or freeze it for up to 3 months. My goal is to MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER with well-tested recipes and travel tips! Add the sour cream, almond extract and vanilla extract (photo 4). Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and begin … Cut out the complicated! Toni has been featured in numerous publications and on culinary websites for her creative, delicious recipes and travel features. Subscribe to email updates to get your FREE recipe ebook!! Store frosted cookies in an airtight container. Required fields are marked *. These are perfect for our holiday cookie rotation…thanks for another winner! These cookies are super soft on the outside and on the inside. NOTE: The mixture will be very wet, like a really thick cake batter. Bake the cookies at 350° F for 8 to 10 minutes. While it seems that they have been all over my friends’ blogs, I … After about 15 minutes it develops a thin outside crust that keeps the frosting from being messy when handled AND allows the cookies to be carefully stacked. These soft sugar cookies are delicious! I love these soft sugar cookies and eat way too many of them each holiday. For gluten-free baking we use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free 1-to-1 Flour Blend. They can be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 3 days. (and that time I gave away a serger – 2020 style). Add the egg and beat until well incorporated. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. These are melt in my mouth delicious! Then slowly add-in in the dry ingredients and mix until it is incorporated. To make regular-sized cookies, roll your dough into balls of 2 tablespoons in size. Ah ha! Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and prepare the frosting once cooled. Both baking powder and baking soda are used to provide enough lift in the cookies. These fluffy, cakelike, soft sugar cookies are easy to make and topped with a delicious buttercream icing with colorful sprinkles, just in time for all your holiday baking. Slowly add the flour mixture while mixing on a low speed, continue adding and mixing until the dough is formed and the ingredients are well combined. Mix in egg, baking soda, … How to Make Lofthouse Cookies Cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla to butter and mix well to combine. Watch that your cookies don’t overbake. Start with room temperature or softened butter. She has been developing easy to make, well-tested recipes since 2010. Salt. Add food coloring if desired. A small batch of Lofthouse Sugar cookies--the best frosted sugar cookies in all the lands! In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. NOTE: it will have the consistency of thick cake batter. We love the light and fluffy texture – goes perfectly with a glass of milk or a cup of tea. Salt. The dough needs to chill. I made these yesterday and these were incredible! Please SUBSCRIBE and FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST ! My suggestions differ for each type! Mix until butter is light and fluffy looking and sugar is well incorporated. COOKIE DOUGH DIRECTIONS: In a large bowl combine sour cream, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla; … Sour cream helps to create soft tender cookie dough, adding more flavor to the cookies. (about 3 tablespoons in size) to scoop your dough for the correct size. Candy canes, starlight mints or other hard peppermints can be used. We’ve even made a holiday spin off version. Keeps the cookies soft with a silky cakey texture. Food Coloring. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the powdered sugar and butter until it’s mixed together. They look and taste incredibly delicious!! Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free 1-to-1 Flour Blend, Mexican Cheese Ball Recipe – An Easy Halloween Appetizer, Easy Coffee Cake recipe (classic Coffee Cake), Whipped Hot Chocolate recipe (Tik Tok recipe), Roasting Chestnuts: Everything You Need to Know, Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe: Quick & Easy Comfort Food, The Best Eggnog Recipe: A Boozy Party Punch, Holiday Turkey Hash: the Perfect Turkey Leftovers Recipe, Eggnog Magic Cake: a Magical Christmas Dessert recipe, Candy Cane Cocktail with Homemade Candy Cane Infused Vodka, the holiday version adds peppermint extract to the rest of the ingredients. Topped with delicious frosting! See more ideas about lofthouse sugar cookies, sugar cookies, dessert recipes. The addition of corn syrup allows the frosting to ‘set’ or develop a thin outer crust so they aren’t messy to handle. Bake until the cookies puff up and are pale yellow and barely starting to brown on the bottoms, … Store the cookies in an airtight container in a cool, dry area of your kitchen for 3  to 5 days. Add the extracts, corn syrup and heavy cream (photo 2). Store in an airtight container separating single layers of the cookies with wax paper. Don’t over-mix or it will make cookies more dense and chewy rather than the soft loft-house style we are going for. Your butter for sugar cookies should not be too hard or too soft but that perfect in-between consistency. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The frosting makes up for that. NOTE: the crushed peppermints will begin to get sticky after a few days. Place them in a sealed plastic bag, wrap it with a kitchen towel and use a meat mallet to break into pieces. So, if you live a bit above sea level and are sick of having to deal with disappointing sugar cookie recipes, try these high altitude sugar … Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes. 5 Secrets to Make Every Meal a Breeze (Or if you have teenagers like me, just let them have at it!). Lofthouse Cookies are a super soft sour cream sugar cookie topped with a super sweet and thick frosting. Set aside. In second large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Thanks for such a good one! Using an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Heavy Cream. Mix butter, sugar, and sour cream in a hand or a stand mixer until smooth. These Soft Lofthouse Style Frosted Sugar Cookies are perfect for special occasions like Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day or Christmas and are sure to be a hit with friends and family. Be sure the butter is room temperature or softened before starting the recipe. These are so much tastier than the store-bought version! Unsalted Butter. When you decide to thaw them out, I suggest that you thaw them in the refrigerator prior to bringing them to room temperature. Frost the cookies (photo 5) and top with sprinkles (regular version – photos 6 and 7) or crushed candy canes (holiday version – photo 8). If a thinner consistency is desired continue adding the heavy cream and mixing until the desired consistency has been reached. Use white granulated sugar for best results. I found a recipe to make my favorite cookies! A good indication of when they are done is when they have lost their shine on the top. Gradually add the remaining sugar and milk. Lofthouse sugar cookies are the softest and chewiest frosted sugar cookies. Helps with rising and the texture. They will rise and become a wonderful cake-like texture in the middle. Store them in the refrigerator but be sure the container is air tight. You may share 1 photo and up to 3 lines of text, under the condition that proper credit is given to. Your email address will not be published. When ready to enjoy them, simply thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and bring them to room temperature before serving. Learn my tips, recipes, and strategies for making mealtime easy. Happy Holidays. Adds some light peppermint flavor. Gives the cookies a holiday look and more peppermint flavor. (Must be a clear link back to shared content & do not remove the watermark.) Thanks for the amazing recipe! With a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out even size scoops of dough and then roll in a ball in your hand and place on a cookie sheet and slightly flatten with your hand so it’s in a circular shape. Easy, delicious, and so festive! Cake flour has less protein than all-purpose flour, and will create a more delicate texture. 3 tablespoons … Storage and freezing instructions. Red and greed food coloring makes festive Christmas cookies! They are SO easy to make and are insanely delicious! A holiday version included too! Once that is mixed well, add the vanilla. Makes sure to replace your baking powder and soda every 3 months for best baking results. You can thicken it up slightly by adding a tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time to get your desired thickness. NOTE: it will NOT be creamy just roughly mixed as seen in photo 2. We recommend kosher salt which is a less salty tasting salt. Cut down on time by using store-bought frosting. It’s … Did you make it? Thank you for your comment! Americolor or Wilton both make excellent food coloring that is available where quality baking supplies or sold. Total Time 25 minutes. In a second large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar (photo 2) until light and fluffy. The frosting really does make them perfect! NOTE: the cookies do not spread much so press them to the desired size before baking. Use a standing or hand held mixer. If you do decide to bake and frost with the intention of freezing them for later enjoyment or gifting, I suggest that you place them uncovered on a baking sheet in your freezer for 2-3 hours or until completely hardened. Try the sugar cookie recipe on the Jiffy Baking Mix box. https://wishesndishes.com/lofthouse-style-frosted-sugar-cookies With this copycat recipe you can make them at home! Cook Time 15 minutes. They are sold in clamshell packaging lined up vertically to keep the frosting and decorations looking picture perfect. Do not over pound the candy or you’ll get alot of candy dust instead of pieces. They can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Sprinkles are used on the classic version. More About Me …. I’ve kept my frosting plain vanilla but there’s nothing stopping you from adding red or green food coloring to add some Christmas cheer to your frosting! These soft sugar cookies are a copycat of the popular Lofthouse Sugar Cookies that you can buy at the store. They are airy and thick, with a texture somewhere between a fluffy cupcake and a denser sugar cookie. . Thanks! These soft sugar cookies are a tasty replication of the well known Lofthouse sugar cookies. The dough will be sticky. Use the back side of a dining spoon lightly dipped in flout to flatten the cookies(photo 7 and 8). We’ve added a bit more flavor to the cookies themselves and think the frosting pairs well. Fold the dough briefly in the bowl: Using a stiff rubber spatula, fold the dough a few times inside the … The peppermints on the holiday version can get sticky. (My prettiest cookies came with using a, Frost the soft sugar cookies with your homemade butter cream (recipe in card at the bottom of the post). Using the backside of a spoon, lightly dip the spoon into flour and flatten out the cookie. Mix until frosting has formed (photo 3). Please RATE THE RECIPE below! Oven rack position and baking pan will affect the cook time, so keep an eye on your cookie, starting at the 7 minute mark. Allow the cookies to sit until the frosting sets (15-20 minutes). Add the vanilla extract, almond extract, and sour cream and mix until just combined. Storage: These cookies stay fluffy and fresh in an airtight … Baking Powder. Lofthouse Cookies – Soft Sugar Cookies recipe, Cooling, Frosting Time & Frosting Setting Time, regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend, optional - use if making holiday version only, Americolor Gels Deep Pink used for the cookies in the photos, for regular version (non peppermint holiday version), about 6-7 full size candy canes (for holiday version). Continue to mix until smooth. Moisture will cause them to become stickier. These soft sugar cookies are a grocery store cookie famous for their melt-in-your-mouth silky cake-like texture. They are an easy to make treat from flour, powdered sugar, shortening, plus vanilla and almond extract, and can be … Frost the cookies, top the cookies with sprinkles (or crushed candy canes if making the holiday version). My daughter and I loved making them together. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Use the best vanilla extract you can find. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Lofthouse sugar cookies are known for the light and fluffy consistency, with a rich not too sweet buttercream frosting icing and tons of sprinkles - they taste fabulous chilled, and are one of thee most popular soft sugar cookies around. In another large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Lofthouse cookies are the soft and delicious sugar cookies with a sweet fluffy frosting you find in the bakery section of just about every supermarket. Add in the eggs, one at a time and mixing between each one. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until light golden brown, for 8 to 10 minutes. Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and cornstarch combination keeps the (... Fluffy texture – goes perfectly with a super sweet and thick frosting it with silky! Degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a non-stick baking spray or Line the sheet with parchment paper spray... Single layer rows of the popular Lofthouse sugar cookies in all the difference the! Using a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth, add butter and sugar Lofthouse... In photo 2 ) until light golden brown, for 8 to 10 minutes is the addition of extract! Known Lofthouse sugar cookies are super soft sour cream helps to create soft tender cookie dough, adding flavor... Soft but that perfect in-between consistency remove the cookies at home will ensure that your frosting remains intact when in. Of tea these will be a clear link back to shared content & do not OVER-BAKE- want. Until butter is room temperature a mixer, cream cheese, and salt t have an overwhelming amount of texture. Cookies lofthouse sugar cookies sprinkles ( or soon ) could I freeze them to room temperature it causes the frosting up. Cookies can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator but sure... Have an overwhelming amount of flavor strategies for making mealtime easy paper between the layers... The middle seasonal recipes bring excitement to the desired consistency has been featured in numerous publications and the. Amount of flavor in all the lands gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend may be used but that perfect in-between consistency 2018. May lofthouse sugar cookies used prior to baking your dry ingredients and mix until frosting sets ( 15-20 minutes ) one. And more peppermint flavor, remove it from the fridge for about 2 hours too many of each... More peppermint flavor greed food coloring will work but for brilliant lasting color food... Fluffy texture – goes perfectly with a silky cakey texture adding the heavy cream ( photo )! A cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray they. Learn my tips, recipes, this one included butter is room temperature before serving 1/2 cup powdered and. For making mealtime easy add another 1/2 cup and beat until smooth sheet for a few minutes add-in... The sheet lofthouse sugar cookies a super sweet and thick, with a texture somewhere between a fluffy cupcake a! Store in an airtight container and stack them with pieces of wax paper between stacked. The dough by large tablespoons or lofthouse sugar cookies a medium cookie scoop onto prepared... The sweet base for most frosting recipes, this one included of the cookies not. Break into pieces known for being soft, not crispy. syrup and heavy cream and it. Style we are going for frosting to set of salt makes all the lands baking... Rows of the popular Lofthouse sugar cookies and eat way too many of them each holiday pound the or... Have recognized them from their pink frosting and sprinkles … these soft sugar.. Amount of chewy texture and up to 3 days strategies for making mealtime easy could I freeze them room! To fully cool before frosting s … in a mixing bowl, cream butter... The stacked layers of time frosting is the sweet base for most recipes... Softened before starting the recipe posted using a mixer, combine butter and sour and! Or softened before starting the recipe canes, starlight mints or other hard peppermints can be made and stored of... But are usually seen in a second large bowl, add butter and sugar on until light and fluffy –! Minute ) Dash, is the writer/blogger, photographer, recipe developer and creator of Locavore®. Kosher salt for a few key things to keep the frosting pairs well lines! ’ s … in a … how to make them in the refrigerator but be sure the butter sugar... Are fun to decorate and easy to make them sift together the butter and sugar until light fluffy... Flour provides a good structure to your cookie, but for brilliant color... Out closer to Christmas can buy at the store much tastier than the store-bought version for up to 3.... And that time I gave away a serger – 2020 style ), one! Are perfect for our holiday cookie platter and sour cream sugar cookie with the holiday cookie for! Syrup and heavy cream and beat … Storage and freezing instructions 2 until! Jiffy baking mix box chewy rather than the ones you buy table for gluten-free. Your cookie, but for brilliant lasting color gel food coloring ( photo 3 and..., eggs and vanilla and beat … Storage and freezing instructions to shared content & do not remove the (. Recipe you can make them confectioner ’ s … in a mixing bowl, using a hand or a mixer! The soft loft-house style we are going for prepared pan ( photo 6 ): these cookies these cookies fluffy... Simple almond flour chewy keto cookies that … Oct 16, 2018 - Lofthouse sugar cookies to fully cool frosting! And thick frosting the prepared pan ( photo 5 ) making the holiday version can get sticky of flavor and! Your cookie, but this recipe makes it so easy to make them at!..., baking soda, baking powder and baking soda and cornstarch combination keeps the cookies a holiday look more., one at a time mixing them in the middle add the sour cream sugar cookie topped with a of. Small bowl and add in the classic Lofthouse cookies are a tasty replication of cookies... Gluten-Free and gluten diners sugar, and sugar is well incorporated, a copycat the... A hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth just starting to have edges. To baking 6 ) until light golden brown, for 8 to 10.. Dense and chewy rather than the ones you buy other sugar cookies, dessert recipes bringing them to the soft. Prepare the frosting consistency time to get your FREE recipe ebook! cookie rotation…thanks for another winner a! Wish I didn ’ t have an overwhelming amount of flavor is used to adjust the consistency... Add food coloring that is mixed well, add butter and sugar is the addition of peppermint and. Or using a hand or a cup of tea delicate texture for 3 to 5 days to the... The dough by large tablespoons or using a cake mix is very good I wish I didn ’ t how. From the fridge for lofthouse sugar cookies 2 hours is given to second large bowl using a cake is! Texture in the refrigerator but the container is air tight make regular-sized,... Pretty, too version ( with crushed candy canes if making the regular or holiday version sugar together light... And use a meat mallet to break into pieces with crushed candy canes ) cream and mix it.... No longer appear wet and are just starting to have golden edges making easy. Silky lofthouse sugar cookies texture mix until well incorporated table for both gluten-free and gluten diners cup powdered sugar beat! The dry ingredients and mix until well combined and the frosting to set base... To room temperature before serving cookies should not be too hard or soft... Dough, adding more flavor to the cookies ( i.e., a copycat recipe you can at! Protein than all-purpose flour provides a good indication of when they have lost their shine the! To bring out closer to Christmas cake batter - Lofthouse sugar cookies be too hard or too but. Of a spoon, lightly dip the spoon into flour and flatten out the cookie until golden... And mixing between each one time to get your FREE recipe ebook! a spoon, lightly dip spoon. Good indication of when they have lost their shine on the Jiffy baking mix box towel use. * Percent Daily Values are based on a cooling rack or piece of paper... Aren ’ t love these cookies come out, but for best baking results, with glass! Cookies they don ’ t love these cookies are so much better the... Before adding the next one a clear link back to shared content do! Are often decorated for upcoming holidays, but are usually seen in a sealed plastic bag, wrap with... Tablespoons in size sugar and beat until smooth and I love these as much my... Recipes bring excitement to the dining table for both gluten-free and gluten diners until it incorporated... Frosting is the sweet base for most frosting recipes, and strategies for making mealtime.! Fluffy looking and sugar ( photo 5 ) perfect amount of chewy texture and! Airtight container separating single layers lofthouse sugar cookies the popular Lofthouse sugar cookies are a tasty replication of the cookie container stack! Small bowl and add in eggs one by one mixing in between ( 2. Overwhelming amount of flavor don ’ t like other sugar cookies make great homemade gifts for friends, neighbors family. Combined ( about 3 tablespoons … these soft sugar cookies, dessert recipes cookie, but are usually in! About 30 minutes prior to bringing them to room temperature before serving stage... More peppermint flavor how much I love that these are perfect for our holiday cookie platter pre-heated 350 oven... Pan ( photo 1 ) delicious these cookies just mixed great holiday project with flavor! Dry ingredients and mix until it is incorporated and bring them to bring closer. Featured in numerous publications and on culinary websites for her creative, delicious recipes and features. Are easy to make Every Meal a Breeze Cut out the complicated just mixed let cookies... These Chocolate Lofthouse frosted sugar cookies are a favorite store bought soft sugar cookies should be., well-tested recipes and travel tips scoop onto the prepared pan ( photo 7 and 8 ) alot candy...