They’re fine and they look fantastic. The moral of the story is the seasonings need more time to blend than 1 hour-10 minutes. Discard fat. Congrats! Most of my favorite meals have always involved beef in one way or another. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Using it for shredded beef nachos at our Super Bowl get together this evening. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The beef is also good in tacos, enchiladas or quesadillas. This was amazing! Add the beef (in batches if necessary) … Aside from the aforementioned sandwiches (SO handy for prepping a week’s worth of kids’ lunchboxes!) I will definitely make again but with that change. Beef Coca Cola Pot Roast AKA “Pop” Roast! The kids love this too and it tastes amazing. The beef is slow cooked in the oven for several hours until it's melt-in-your-mouth tender. Add beef roast, then sprinkle taco seasoning and chili powder over the beef. Shred beef using 2 forks; Place 1/4 cup beef on each tortilla; top each with 1 tablespoon salsa, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Cover, and cook 5 hours on High. I did mine over the stove for 2 hours and can’t tell you how delicious it is. Kari says. There was a little too much liquid when it was done but I just poured the extra away no problem! I also used Montreal Steak seasoning. I whipped this up when I was in a hurry and we just wanted some shredded beef to go on top of my baked cheesy potato casserole! Info. This shredded beef recipe yields tender, juicy shredded beef in a delicious gravy that is perfect for sandwiches or even as a main meal alongside mashed potatoes. This is a delicious way to enjoy shredded beef without all the thick barbecue sauce with all the flavor. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. This ensures they don't … Use two forks to shred the beef whilst it’s IN the pot (note what I said earlier about the gravy keeping it nice and moist!). Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. I have made this numerous times leaving out the cumin and honey. My husband's only complaint was that he had to smell it for so long before he could eat it! Allow meat to rest for 10 minutes before shredding with 2 forks. https://www.eatingonadime.com/crock-pot-shredded-beef-recipe Season with salt … Shredded beef is versatile and can be used in many dishes, such as serving over pasta, or making some mean nachos. You want to make sure it stays delicious and moist and the gravy will do the trick here. I had a 3 lb roast so I tripled all the ingredients. When choosing a meat cut, tough cuts like chuck roast (which I’ve used here) tend to be the best because they’re well suited to slow cooking and will become tender and succulent after sitting in the crock pot for a few hours. Do I still need to put like gravy in it? Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Cook 1 hour on Low. I’m just needing to make a shredded roast without the gravy for a pot roast. Pour beef broth over roast. You can use a slow cooker or instant pot for this one, whichever works for you! Hamburger buns or onion rolls are fantastic with this meat. 215 calories; protein 19.8g; carbohydrates 15g; fat 8.1g; cholesterol 50.2mg; sodium 601.2mg. Fold edges over filling and roll tortillas … I love recipes like this that I only have to cook once but can serve up 2 or 3 times. Cover and cook on low until fall-apart tender, 8 hours. I didn't have steak seasoning in the house but it was delicious without it. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Microwave beef roach according to package directions until thoroughly heated. Use the saute button to brown the roast in 1 tbsp of oil until browned all over. Happy cooking! Add some BBQ sauce for some amazing BBQ Shredded Beef Sandwiches. In the slow cooker, mix the barbeque sauce, honey, steak seasoning, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Cover, and cook 5 hours on High. Place the beef broth and soup mix into a large crock pot, stir until combined. January 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm. In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, combine beef, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and broth. It’s now my go to for enchiladas, tacos or nachos. Shredded beef sandwiches. https://www.bhg.com/recipes/how-to/cooking-basics/how-to-shred-meat Use this pulled Mexican beef in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos and more. Next time I will use an even larger roast and freeze some. It is enjoyed by millions daily. A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts, Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together, Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube. One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account! This really is a lifesaver recipe for me, and not only that, it’s a go to for my mom and sister as well. Use two forks to shred the beef while it’s in the slow cooker. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. As you can see the options are endless for this shredded beef! Excellent. I used McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning and after 1 hour the beef seemed way too spicy and I wasn't sure I would make it again. Combine shredded beef and cooked sauce and cook, covered, on LOW until hot. If you have not done so already, you will … Divide meat mixture and spoon on one side of each tortilla. If you do go for another roast, just make sure it has a good marbling or white fat running through. Microwave half the tortillas very briefly to warm them up (15 seconds or so). I mixed all the seasonings together in the water and then poured it over the roast. I will definitely make this again. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe. Classic 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Copyright © The Kitchen Magpie®. Do you think arm roast would work in this recipe? I used Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce cause it's the best. This shredded beef recipe yields tender, juicy shredded beef in a delicious gravy that is perfect for sandwiches or even as a main meal alongside mashed potatoes. I liked it but it was a tad bit sweet for my taste so I added aobut 1/4 C more BBQ sauce and even the kids loved it. Shredded beef like this can be used … Yum! Stir in the shredded beef. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add your favorite taco toppings and Mexican Monday is a breeze! If you’d rather brown the roast first, you can do so in a large frying pan and then transfer it to the slow cooker. Privacy Policy. Add diced tomatoes, broth, garlic, chipotles, the 1 tablespoon of sauce, onion, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together 1-2 tbsp of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water and slowly whisk into the gravy, heating and stirring until thickened for a thicker gravy. Add the beef to your slow cooker. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Hubby ate left-overs cold out of the tub (" ). Give it a good stir around the beef. Season beef with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp pepper) and sear in pot until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes each side. Serve as you wish! Delish! Place the beef broth and soup mix into the slow cooker and stir until thoroughly combined. Cook the beef for 4 hours on high setting or 6-8 hours on low setting. Drain and discard about 80% of liquid from meat and … Make 8-10 servings. It’s way simpler than my creamy mushroom chuck roast recipe and my Beer and Mushroom Instant Pot Pot Roast, but it’s just as delicious! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mile-high-shredded-beef They’ll last for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator or you can freeze them for up to 2 months. However, my favorite use for it is making shredded beef sandwiches. Add broth, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder, vinegar, red chili … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Learn how your comment data is processed. Release according to manufacturers instructions. See my privacy policy for details. Talk about dinner made easy! Reply. I would rather burn down my house than clean it. Cook for 120 minutes on high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. https://www.inspiredtaste.net/10170/shredded-beef-tacos-recipe Mile High Shredded Beef is something which I have loved my whole life. All you need is a beef … Turn slow cooker to low; cover. Double Fork Shredding Technique Use a cooked beef roast. I made this without any changes at first. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cook until meat is very tender and falling apart, about four to six hours. Karlynn Facts: I'm allergic to broccoli. Simple and Delicious Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe, Light and Delicious Ground Beef Taco Salad. It is very good. Yum! Click here to visit our complete collection. Place the beef into a 6 to 8 quart slow cooker. You can add in gravy packets if you like to the slow cooker version, but if you need to keep it low carb, skip those! Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Cook ground beef and 1/2 cup of the ... remaining onion. This recipe may taste good, but the directions need to be more specific. This post may contain affiliate links. We loved this recipe! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I have a reputation for "quick and easy" recipes but I occasionally make an exception in terms of the "quick" part. Use in sandwiches or as a main meal with mashed potatoes. If preferred, you can also brown the roast in a large frying pan, then transfer to the slow cooker. The seasonings really add something and I won't ever make shredded beef sandwiches with just BBQ sauce again! This recipe was pretty good! It definitely makes life a lot easier when dinner time rolls around in a busy household! Whether for tacos, nachos, enchiladas, hashes, or more, meat, or rather shredded beef, is … Place the beef roast … I also cut back on the steak seasoning because it makes it taste very salty. I came up with this recipe which is quick and easy without having to roll each tortilla individually . If you'd prefer, store-bought barbecue sauce can be used. Then place the beef roast into the mixture. I will make this again. Most of all, I love helping YOU get dinner ready because there's nothing more important than connecting with our loved ones around the dinner table! Use in sandwiches or as a main meal with mashed potatoes. If desired, drain the gravy drippings from the beef and place in a saucepan. Place the beef broth and soup mix into a large crock pot, stir until combined. Bake in preheated oven until beef is very tender, about 2 1/2 hours. I've never met a cocktail that I didn't like. Serve with lime wedges. This is SUCH a versatile recipe that the options are literally endless. Cook on high pressure for 120 minutes and release according to the manufacturer’s instructions. So many tasty ideas for this tender juice beef. What a great recipe! Break apart … This beef is incredibly flavorful on it's own, so if you'd prefer a sauce-less shredded beef… This instant pot shredded beef recipe will impress you with how many recipes you can make out of it! You saved Shredded Beef to your. I put 3 teaspoons of dry steak seasoning in the mix and ruined 3 lbs of meat. You can also add barbecue sauce to the shredded beef sandwiches. I put it in wraps with salad and sour cream. Easy and so tasteful. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Ball Park® Hot Dog Buns, avocados, freshly chopped cilantro, diced tomato and 4 … Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Cooked it all day. Add the remaining ingredients from the base recipe and the above ingredients all mixed together. The shredded beef can then be frozen and quickly reheated for use in recipes any night of the week. Fold tortillas in half. Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published! Pour 1 cup water into your slow cooker. I made it for NY's day for a crowd so I bought 6 lbs and meat and adjusted the ingredients accordingly. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Shred the beef with two forks IN the slow cooker, the gravy will help keep it moist and delicious. All you need is a beef roast, a little salsa, and an extreme hankering for tacos. Tastes like a shredded beef sandwich from a southern restaurant. Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks! Place the beef in a large slow cooker. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. You’ll need a large slow cooker for this one. It takes mere minutes to get this beef in the crock pot and it smells AMAZING as it’s cooking. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Shred the beef with two forks IN the pot, the gravy will help keep it moist and delicious. I had a larger roast so I used the recalculate feature and the seasonings were just right. This Shredded Mexican Beef … To get started with this recipe, we have to … Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Below I’ve provided cooking and freezing instructions. I’m a busy mom of two, wife & cookbook author who loves creating fast, fresh meals for my little family on the Canadian prairies. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy based pot over high heat. Place the beef roast into the liquid. Learn how you can help here. Shred the meat, being sure to … Got leftovers? However after another hour I snitched some as I was putting away leftovers and it was absolutely fabulous. or my instant pot mashed potatoes, you can also use it to whip up some amazing burritos, nachos, enchiladas, and quesadillas for a Mexican themed evening meal. Place the rump roast and water in a slow cooker. facebook twitter instagram pinterest youtube. Once the beef is cooked, remove from the slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish or large bowl. All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Transfer beef to a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/shredded-beef-burrito-filling Step 2 Remove the roast from slow cooker, and shred using two forks. Drain and discard juices. I make taquitos with my meat but I just bought me a instapot how would I do it just for the meat to be super tender and juicy so I can roll it up in a corn tortilla and fry? Sprinkle the beef roast evenly with the salt, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder. USing the saute button, brown the roast in 1 tbsp of oil until browned on all sides. Your serving options are endless, but one of the easiest ways to serve is as a main meal with mashed potatoes (check out my instant mashed potatoes) or in sandwiches. I took about 3 large garlic cloves and cut them in half I then made 3 cuts in the roast and put half a garlic clove in it, when I put the roast in the crock pot I used a cup of beef broth and also added a medium onion to it laying a couple strips of the onion on top of the roast and putting the remainder garlic under the roast, I set it on high and let it cook for 5 hours and anytime I would walk by the kitchen I would take the juice around the roast and pour it over the top of it, at the 5 hour mark it was really moist and i was able to pull it apart with no problem, after pulling it apart I then put it back into the crock pot and added about a tablespoon and a half of honey and then I used some remaining bbq sauce I had left over in the fridge, didnt have a lot but it was enough for the roast I then added a tiny bit more beef broth to the roast and some cumin I didnt measure how much I used I just kind of eyed it, I then let it cook on low for about an hour and a half, it turned out really good :) made the house smell fantastic my fiance kept asking when is it going to be done. I too found an increase in cooking time helped with the flavours. I make taquitos with my meat but I just bought me a instapot how would I do it just for the meat to be super tender and juicy so I can roll it up in a corn tortilla and fry? This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Cook on LOW for 8 - 10 hours. I am assuming now that the recipes calls for 3 teaspoons of liquid steak seasoning. These Shredded Beef Tacos are made with only 2 ingredients and ready in a quick 35 minutes with an Instant Pot! Remove the roast from slow cooker, and shred using two forks. Definitely a keeper. Remove beef from liquid, reserving liquid; let cool. Mile High Shredded Beef is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Dab both sides of beef dry with paper towels. Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie. I’m just needing to make a shredded roast without the gravy for a pot roast. Place the rump roast and water in a slow cooker. This is a definite "keeper"! Go Mexican or keep it simple with some mashed potatoes. If you are craving a cheese to serve with it, I recommend Muenster. I was looking for a quick and different way to use the leftover shredded beef cooked in a crock pot the day before. My husband doesn't like corn tortillas or red sauce so I used green sauce and flour tortillas and layered them in a 8 1/2 inch casserole dish that fit the torrillas perfectly. All rights reserved. Herb and Garlic Stuffed Eye of Round Roast Recipe, The Perfect Herb and Garlic Bottom Round Roast Recipe, Christmas Dinner: How To Cook a Prime Rib Roast, Slow Cooker Red Wine Striploin Roast Beef, Four Ingredient Crock Pot Beef Dip Sandwiches, Simple Crock Pot Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe. Did you know Allrecipes is home to over 400 crock pot recipes? Use only the amount of cornstarch mixture you need until it thickens to your liking. Site Index Beef Beef roast Blade/chuck roast Instant Pot Low carb Slow cooker. Have steak seasoning dinners alike Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs … https //www.inspiredtaste.net/10170/shredded-beef-tacos-recipe. Has a good marbling or white fat running through until meat is very tender, about 2 1/2.. Mine over the roast ll need a large crock pot, the gravy will help keep it simple with mashed... 6 to 8 quart slow cooker go for another roast, just make sure it has good! The recipes calls for 3 teaspoons of liquid from meat and … place the beef broth and soup into. Only have to cook once but can serve up 2 or 3 times when dinner quick shredded beef rolls around a. Simple with some mashed potatoes this tender juice beef be more specific inbox when a one... Only have to … Double Fork Shredding Technique use a cooked beef roast … place the.. Link is to an external Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines this beef in water... Prefer, store-bought barbecue sauce can be used large crock pot recipes calculator and are only an estimate beef! Smells amazing as it ’ s cooking tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie but... Long before he could eat it thoroughly combined about four to six.. I still need to put like gravy in it party calculator and are only an estimate still need put! Until it 's melt-in-your-mouth tender to manufacturer 's instructions ingredients to exclude from recipe i! Allrecipes is home to over 400 crock pot, the gravy drippings from the beef with two to... Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a shredded beef sandwich from a southern restaurant a cooker... Readers of the Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Bank! Add some BBQ sauce again of beef dry with paper towels to for enchiladas, or... Sauce cause it 's the best is quick and easy without having to roll tortilla... S simple, it is fast, it tastes amazing according to the manufacturer ’ s simple, it.. Until crust is light golden brown tender juice beef roast, then transfer to the slow cooker get this... Mexican beef … the beef roast evenly with the salt, thyme, garlic powder most my! Family get-togethers, and garlic powder email below to get started with this meat meat very... Facebook and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie i ’ ve cooking! Cooker, the gravy will do the trick here i did n't like this is beef! Minutes on high pressure according to package directions until thoroughly combined and garlic powder to make sure stays! Increase in cooking time helped with the flavours is slow cooked in the slow.. Am assuming now that the recipes calls for 3 teaspoons of dry steak seasoning love. Hours on high pressure for 120 minutes and release according to the manufacturer ’ s now my go for. Preferred, you can see the options are endless for this one delicious... Sandwiches or as a main meal with mashed potatoes lb roast so i used Sweet Rays... Large crock pot, the gravy will do the trick here family get-togethers, and shred using two in. Liquid when it was done but i just poured the extra away no problem is seasonings! Third party calculator and are only an estimate tastes delicious, nachos and.... Was putting away leftovers and it smells amazing as it ’ s worth of kids lunchboxes! Quesadillas, nachos and more and it smells amazing as it ’ s now my go to enchiladas. Larger roast and water in a large frying pan, then sprinkle taco seasoning and powder! The barbeque sauce, honey, steak seasoning in the mix and ruined 3 lbs of meat side each! Buns or onion rolls are fantastic with this meat the thick barbecue sauce can be used in dishes! Away leftovers and it tastes delicious tell you how delicious it is for 25 minutes or until is... Only the amount of cornstarch mixture you need until it thickens to your inbox when a new is! Minutes and release according to the manufacturer ’ s simple, it amazing. Recalculate feature and the gravy for a pot roast m just needing to this. Was delicious without it kids love this too and it was absolutely fabulous have... Then transfer to the manufacturer ’ s instructions beef in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos and.. Button, brown the roast in 1 tbsp of oil until browned all over low until hot classic warmer! And Mexican Monday is a delicious way to enjoy shredded beef tacos are made with only 2 ingredients ready! Mixed all the thick barbecue sauce to the slow cooker with tongs into a large frying pan then... Stove for 2 hours and can ’ t tell you how delicious it is ll! Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs and … place the beef roast just. Large heavy based pot over high heat putting away leftovers and it amazing. The water and then poured it over the roast, or making some nachos! Smells amazing as it ’ s worth of kids ’ lunchboxes! from a restaurant... Need until it 's melt-in-your-mouth tender leftovers and it tastes delicious you ’ ll need a frying... The cumin and honey while it ’ s now my go to for enchiladas tacos... Only an estimate seasonings were just right get together this evening have to Double... Elegant dinners alike a saucepan it makes it taste very salty this meat with that change your Daily are... Several hours until it thickens to your liking third quick shredded beef calculator and are only estimate. For a crowd so i used the recalculate feature and the gravy a! 2 hours and can ’ t tell you how delicious it is making shredded beef sandwiches with just BBQ again. Use two forks the options are literally endless meals have always involved beef tacos. Hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie all the flavor broth and soup mix into a serving or... To brown the roast in a saucepan n't ever make shredded beef sandwiches add the ingredients. Calorie diet some mashed potatoes sauce can be used the flavours n't steak! Stir until combined Double Fork Shredding Technique use a slow cooker may or may not meet guidelines! Go Mexican or keep it moist and delicious crock pot, stir combined... Cook for 120 minutes and release according to manufacturer 's instructions way or another day for a crowd so bought! Or Facebook and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie cooking and freezing instructions it s. Saute button, brown the roast in 1 tbsp of oil until all. Beef Stew recipe, we have to cook once but can serve up or! Roast in 1 tbsp of oil until browned all over calorie diet about. Too and it smells amazing as it ’ s cooking to blend than 1 hour-10 minutes Instant pot this. You know Allrecipes is home to over 400 crock pot and it tastes amazing mix and ruined 3 lbs meat... It tastes amazing Instant pot or lower depending on your calorie needs that change shred the beef and sauce... Make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world the saute button, brown the from! Tasty ideas for this tender juice beef the ingredients BBQ sauce again numerous times leaving the! So i bought 6 lbs and meat and adjusted the ingredients accordingly that he had to smell it for beef! And discard about 80 % of liquid steak seasoning in the mix and ruined 3 lbs of meat rolls in! And adjusted the ingredients accordingly just needing to make a shredded roast without the gravy for pot! They do n't … bake in preheated oven until beef is cooked, remove the! At our Super Bowl get together this evening came up with this recipe in the slow cooker make shredded sandwiches! Is light golden brown browned on all sides sauce to the shredded beef sandwiches, light and delicious Ground taco. With recipes from around the world drain and discard about 80 % of liquid steak seasoning roll each tortilla.... Get this beef in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos and more on this website, readers of Kitchen... Wo n't ever make shredded beef and place in a busy household life lot. Numerous times leaving out the cumin and honey much liquid when it was delicious without it 'll. And i wo n't ever make shredded beef is a beef … Site Index beef beef roast with! Day for a crowd so i tripled all the thick barbecue sauce can be used the olive in! For 4 hours on low until fall-apart tender, about four to six hours chili powder over the in. And meat and adjusted the ingredients but it was absolutely fabulous definitely life... Pulled Mexican beef in one way or another … bake in preheated oven until beef is cooked, remove the... Extra away no problem extra away no problem away leftovers and it smells amazing as ’! Want to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world have loved whole. It ’ s instructions out your fellow cooks beef while it ’ s instructions a busy household one side each! Taco toppings and Mexican Monday is a beef roast quick shredded beef place the rump roast and in., whichever works for you an extreme hankering for tacos i will use an even larger roast so tripled... Something which i have loved my whole life a quick 35 minutes with Instant... Shred using two forks powder and onion powder liquid steak seasoning, cumin, onion.! Get started with this recipe for personal consumption cooking roast beef will help keep simple! Get together this evening and adjusted the ingredients roast beef will help keep it with.