... CRAYFISH PIE. Then, slowly pour your milk and bring to a boil. Add the flour and cook over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally. 1 1/2 pounds (750 g) of combined seafood (snapper, ling fish, shrimp, scallops,, oysters, etc) Add the Dijon mustard and dill; season with salt and pepper to taste. Then, your seafood pie is ready for serving! Seafood Pot Pie with Puff Pastry Makes a 9" x 13" pan. Chef Kai Ellmann creates a wonderful spin on the traditional beef burger with crispy prawns, sliced lettuce, and aioli. Stir constantly to make a roux. Print Recipe 2 Tbsps dill Love seafood? Brush the pastry with egg wash and bake in oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until the pastry puffs up and turns golden brown. Results 1 - 8 of 8 for seafood in puff pastry. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12 x 8 x 2-inch shallow baking dish with cooking spray. I am a survivor of the Paris Le Cordon Bleu School, but don't let that fool you- I love all kinds of food! Yes, I am in…looks amazing Fran, creamy filling with flaky puff dough…thanks for the inspiration. Preheat the oven to 220C (425F). As the cooler months approach, it's time to reinvent your seafood menu. After serving the pie, you could also add a few cooked mussels in their shells for added flavor and visuals. Put a spoon of filling in the center of the square. Unroll the puff pastry and cut four squares slightly larger than the diameter of the ramekins. This dish has very few ingredients and comes together very nicely. Cut 1 sheet into 9 uniform squares (3" x 3") Place the pastry on the sheet pan. Yes, you could use regular pie crust, although it wouldn’t be quite as ‘flaky’ as puff pastry. Preheat oven to 200C. Take the pot off the heat and add the parmesan cheese, English mustard and the zest of a lemon. Switch up your starters menu with our black garlic bread recipe. Prepare the white Béchamelsauce: over medium-low heat, melt the butter then add the flour and stir to make a paste. In a separate pan, soften the onion, garlic, chopped leak and chili (if using) in several tablespoons of olive oil: cook for 2-3 minutes. 1 tsp Dijon mustard Oh, this is lovely. Pinch the edges together. A favorite! Heat the oven to 375°F. 1 piece sheet of frozen puff pastry Preheat the oven to 425 deg. I would freeze the pie, though, if you prepare it more than three days ahead of time. Peel and slice the potatoes. Most of the pot pies that I’ve eaten over the years have been made with pie crust, not puff pastry, and have both a top and bottom crust. But I have a fluffier solution for your pot pie needs and wants. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pie is golden brown. You can make in bulk or individually - you choose. Instructions Notes Cover the pie dish with pastry and roughly crimp the edges. This saffron rice pilaf with our Fortune Basmati Rice is easy and quick to make. Seafood pie? Brisket is on an on trend cut of meat that's delicious and affordable. I make meat pies from time to time, but rarely a seafood one. Hollow out remainder of pastry and set aside. When you bake this puff pastry-topped lobster pie, try making it in individual bakers or a shallow baking dish. First, I love seafood. The mixture should be moist but not too runny. 5 Remove pan from heat, stir in cooked potatoes and herbs, sprinkle with minced jalapeno and grated cheese, and top with puff pasty circle. Welcome to my blog! I used snapper, scallops, shrimp and oysters (however I noticed one of my guests politely trying to avoid the oysters on her plate). Seafood lovers should love this as much as we did. Peel and slice the potatoes. Creamy Seafood Pie in Puff Pastry Gotta try this — thanks. The first time I made this pie, I made it a bit ‘too creamy’ in my opinion and left out the shrimp, which I found later adds a nice texture to the pie: First attempt at making the Seafood Pie- maybe a bit too creamy? F . John / Kitchen Riffs recently posted…A Farewell to Hemingway Cocktail. salt/pepper to taste pastry recipe savoury pastry seafood. Stir the soups, milk, hot sauce, vegetables, shrimp and … Simmer butter, crayfish, onions, garlic ... to cool. 3 Tbsps white flour Place in a pan of cold water, bring to soft boil and cook until the potatoes are soft but still a bit firm. Hi Sonia, you could prepare this pie in advance. Brush the pastry with egg wash and bake in oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until the pastry puffs up and turns golden brown. The good thing about this pie is that it is very adaptable- add your favorite seafood and dial up or down the creaminess by adjusting the amount of bechamel sauce. When baked, remove from oven and allow to cool. Spruce up your breakfast menu offering with this easy to follow spanner crab and wasabi eggs benedict recipe. What a way to beat the cold weather than to tuck into this creamy seafood pie … Crimp the edges with a fork. Add the white sauce to the fish/potato mixture and stir. With the use of black garlic and black lava salt, it just burst of strong, tasty flavours. Brush pastry … 1 (4 oz.) Then, add your thinly chopped garlic, onion and leek, and allow it to sweat. While the exact recipe for the dish is a secret, Chef/Owner Shanna O’Hea has agreed to share her recipe for the puff pastry “lids” that top each lobster pot pie. Put pastry in greased pie plate. In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and add flour. To prepare your pie top, measure your Pampas Puff Pastry sheets against your serving pot and slice accordingly. With its rich flavours and thick sauces, it's a dish that will keep your customer's tastebuds bursting. Cut two vents in the pastry and brush with heavy cream. And did I forget to mention the splash of white wine? This seafood pie is one of my favourites. Last year I made more of a British fish pie and it was also good but we were eating it for days… I made it way too large! Flour and ... sides. Cooked under buttery puff pastry, seafood mingles in a velvety sauce for a fish pie that doubles as a stunning holiday centerpiece for Christmas Eve. The Best Seafood Pie Puff Pastry Recipes on Yummly | Patchwork Puff Pastry Turkey Pot Pie, Smoked Haddock, Broccoli & Leek Puff Pastry Pie, Potato, Ham, And Bacon Puff Pastry Pie Serves: 6 Cooking Time: 1 hour Add gouda; ... degrees for 30 minutes. Apr 18, 2013 - A sinfully rich creamy seafood sauce makes a pretty presentation in a puff pastry shell. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Increase the heat a little, then gradually stir in the milk until the sauce thickens. Preheat the oven to 425 deg. Place six 6-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet, and set aside. Spray a 12 x 8 x 2-inch shallow baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. With its crunchy, Pampas Puff Pastry shell and thick, creamy filling, this pie will work wonders as a warm, winter offering. 2 Third, we have a long-term guest who won’t eat fish or seafood and I am feeling deprived! Looks so good with the crispy puff pastry crust. Seafood Pie using Pampas Puff Pastry. Have a wonderful weekend! 6 As for the seafood component of your seafood pie, the skies the limit! Fran Flint recently posted…Creamy Seafood Pie in Puff Pastry, Well, this just makes me so happy. David Scott Allen recently posted…Once in a Blue Moon, I love the mix of seafood! Add the white wine, seafood, potatoes and peas and diced carrots; stir and cook over medium-low heat for several minutes and then set aside. 1/2 carrot, diced Brush the top of the pastry with more egg glaze. 1. Place the pie in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden. Fish and Shrimp Pie doesn’t only look delicious but tastes amazing as well. Place in a pan of cold water, bring to soft boil and cook until the potatoes are soft but still a bit firm. Perfect as a dine in option or for takeaway, add it to your menu today. Creamy Seafood Pie in Puff Pastry What better way to warm up a chilly Adelaide winter than to tuck into a creamy Seafood Pie with Puff Pastry ? Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly grease a 1 quart pie dish. Cut pastry into an oval large enough to cover top of pie dish with a 2.5cm … Add the Dijon mustard and dill; season with salt and pepper to taste. Directions. Be inspired with Recipes created by Chefs.Sign up for updates about products, special offers, news and promotional materials from Goodman Fielder. Could I use ordinary pie crust instead of puff pastry? Ingredients 1 1/2 cups milk Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. 1 Add it to a pie to liven up your menu and get the best of both worlds - an on trend cut and an all time favourite comfort food for the cooler months. (If you have a pie funnel place this under the pastry … My daughter and British boyfriend are coming again for Thanksgiving and I think I’ll make this. Wet the edges of the pie dish with a little water. I was thinking chicken pot pie but wanted to try something different, though along the same lines - served in a individual baking dish with a creamy sauce, and topped with puff pastry. 2 garlic cloves, minced Drain and set aside. Just wondering- can it be prepared in advance- if so- do you refrigerate or freeze? Remove the kaffir lime leaves and place to the side and allow to rest for 10 minutes. When cooled, slice off top to make a lid. This pie builds on the basics of a white béchamel sauce, but then goes so much further- adding leeks, dill, potatoes, a touch of Dijon mustard and (perhaps) a dash of chili pepper. This pie builds on the basics of a white béchamel sauce, but then goes so much further- adding leeks, dill, potatoes, a touch of Dijon mustard and (perhaps) a dash of chili pepper. For the white sauce: The filling is wonderful, and I love the puff pastry top. Posted on 16th July 2019. This recipe sounds great! Pour the mixture into a large pie pan or shallow casserole disk. Make sure you continuously stir the ingredients because you don’t want any caramelisation to form. 3 4 What better way to warm up a chilly Adelaide winter than to tuck into a creamy Seafood Pie with Puff Pastry? 2 Tbsps olive oil Preparation. Enjoy! Seafood Pot Pies: Puff Pastry vs Pie Crust. Chef Rory has revealed the steps to his delicious Karaage Chicken Burger recipe in great detail. Then, coat the Pampas Puff Pastry with an egg-wash, this will give the pie shell a golden finish once it has finished in the oven. Unroll the pastry sheet, invert the pie dish on top, then cut around the edge to give you the lid, cutting the pastry about 1/2 inch extra all the way round, to allow for an overlap and to counteract any shrinkage. Break up the fish into large chunks and put them into the pie dish. Roll out the puff pastry to just a little bigger than your dish. We recommend our vol-au-vents for starters, followed by our Salmon and Spinach en Croute or Smoked Haddock and Broccoli Filo Pie for a delicious meal. 3 Tbsps butter Place the thawed puff pastry on top of the mixture and trim the edges to fit. 1 small red chili (optional) Add the white sauce to the fish/potato mixture and stir. Brush two of the squares with the beaten egg and place the other … Add the white wine, seafood, potatoes and peas and diced carrots; stir and cook over medium-low heat for several minutes and then set aside. Drain and set aside. Fill the serving pots with the seafood mixture; make sure you grab all the ingredients, not just the juices. Bring pastry to room temperature. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk, and set aside. Breakfast menu ideas: Eggs Benedict, Spanner Crab & Wasabi, Chicken Karaage Burger with Spicy Mayonnaise. The mixture should be moist but not too runny. Turn the heat to low and add 1 tablespoon of sea salt. look delicious…yummy Give this seafood pie recipe a try. You can use puff pastry as the flaky crust to top your seafood like a pie, to wrap around your seafood like a parcel, or as a tart-like base. As the cooler months approach, it's time to reinvent your seafood menu. 1 onion, diced I looked at some fish pie recipes but … Then, place the mussels into the pot with the shell, this will release a strong flavour during cooking. Here’s a photo of my seafood pie contents before I added the white sauce and the puff pastry ‘lid’ on top: Although I often make my own puff pastry, I used frozen pastry here and it worked just fine. 1/4 cup white wine From puff pastry fish parcels to shortcrust pastry fish pies, discover your new favourite recipe. Pre-heat oven at 400 F (200 C). 1.Thaw the pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle. Posted on 16th July 2019. pastry recipe savoury pastry seafood. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut Puff Pastry sheets into 4 inch squares. SCALLOPED SEAFOOD CASSEROLE IN PASTRY PUFFS. Then you’ll enjoy our wide range of seafood pastry recipes at Jus-Rol. Wet the edges of a square with water. Cover the pot with the egg-washed pastry and sprinkle sea salt and black sesame seeds. To make this pie more creamy, just add a bit more bechamel sauce. 2 packages(6 each) of frozen Ingredients associated with Mediterranean fish stews -- garlic, fennel, saffron, and seafood -- are brought together in our Provencal potpie, which is served with garlicky aioli; the pie is topped with convenient store-bought puff pastry… Give this seafood pie recipe a try. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Tanza Erlambang recently posted…Sweet Mango is Good to Eat in the Summer, I would definitely prefer this over any chicken pot pie or beef steak pie, as a seafood lover this is a slice of heaven for me. Fran Flint recently posted…Fluffiest Dinner Rolls ‘101’. You can make in bulk or individually - you choose. Add items to your shopping list. Pour the mixture into a large pie pan or shallow casserole disk. Mary, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Brush with beaten egg and pierce the centre to allow steam to escape. A flakier, more delicate solution. What a nice dish! Increase the heat a little, then gradually stir in the milk until the sauce thickens. Use the tip of a knife to poke a hole in each pie. In a separate pan, soften the onion, garlic, chopped leak and chili (if using) in several tablespoons of olive oil: cook for 2-3 minutes. Fold one corner over to create a triangle. Egg wash (1 egg combined with a splash of water) Seafood Pot Pie 4.5 2 Break into the flaky puff pastry crust and you'll find a delectable pot pie filling packed with shrimp, imitation crabmeat and lots of vegetables. Made something very similar before. Second, if you add cream and butter (puff pastry), it gets so much better! 1/2 cup peas (frozen or fresh) Please join me as I create tasty recipes from around the world. It's great for a brunch, lunch, or light dinner. 2 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced and cooked Serve warm with a winter leaf salad. This will form your thick, creamy filling. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Lay puff pastry on a clean surface. Add the White Wings Plain Flour and kaffir lime leaves to the pot. Then, add your diced barramundi, salmon, dory and prawns, followed by your diced potatoes, carrots and spinach. 1/2 leek (white part) I've lived in Paris, Adelaide and San Diego and love to create tasty recipes from around the world! You can also subscribe without commenting. Creamy sauce, tasty seafood and healthy vegetables topped with flaky homemade puff pastry. Create steam holes by snipping down the middle, alternatively cut slats into the pastry by folding the sheet in half and cut across the folded edge. Sounds like chicken pot pie but I wanted salmon! Place the thawed puff pastry on top of the mixture and trim the edges to fit. Brush with egg wash. Using a round cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, cut out six pastry rounds a bit larger than the rims of the ramekins. Bake according to package directions. On medium heat, melt your butter in a deep pot. Roll the dough out to fit the baking dish with about 1/4-inch overlap. stick unsalted butter, plus 2 additional tablespoons to cook with the mushrooms; 1 large yellow onion, diced (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups) 2 stalks celery, washed and diced; 1 lb. It is important you whisk the flour through because you don’t want your customers tasting raw flour throughout the curry. For the Seafood Pie Recipe, all you need is 1/4 pound Unsalted Butter, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 3 cups Fish Stock, 1/2 pound large shrimp, 1/2 pound Sea Scallops, 1 tablespoon Pernod, 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper, 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream, 3/4 Pound cooked Fresh Lobster Meat. Prepare the white Béchamelsauce: over medium-low heat, melt the butter then add the flour and stir to make a paste. To make this pie more creamy, just add a bit more bechamel sauce. It's a delicious main dish for the next time you have some kind of special event to celebrate, like a birthday or graduation. Paired with a creamy prawn curry, it's the perfect dinner option for your menu. Sign up and receive the latest tips via email. Hope you enjoy your pie! lisaiscooking recently posted…Tiny Baked Potatoes with Spiced Chickpeas. Here, I sneaked in a little octopus and added a few cooked mussels in their shells right before serving the pie. You’ll find puff pastry in the freezer aisle of your local grocery store, and stash it in your own freezer until you’re ready to use … Copyright, all rights reserved for G'day Souffle, 2 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced and cooked, 1 1/2 pounds (750 g) of combined seafood (snapper, ling fish, shrimp, scallops,, oysters, etc), Egg wash (1 egg combined with a splash of water), Lobster Chartreuse – from my Paris balcony, Tiny Baked Potatoes with Spiced Chickpeas, Honey Semifreddo with Honey Lemon Caramel and Hazelnut Crumb, Shrimp and Clam Nage with Orecchiette Pasta. Crust instead of puff pastry ), it just burst of strong, tasty flavours the cooler approach... Diced potatoes, carrots and spinach medium high heat and add the Dijon mustard and ;! Our Fortune Basmati rice is easy and quick to make a paste out fit... For Thanksgiving and I am in…looks amazing fran, creamy filling with flaky puff dough…thanks the. And did I forget to mention the splash of white wine for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally to.!, Adelaide and San Diego and love to create tasty recipes from around the world seafood mixture ; make you... Or a shallow baking dish cooler months approach, it gets so much for stopping by my blog pour mixture! Mix of seafood it more than three days ahead of time seafood lovers should love as... Wonderful spin on the traditional beef Burger with crispy prawns, sliced lettuce, and set aside prawns, lettuce. To rest for 10 minutes the juices and affordable individual bakers or a shallow baking dish with vegetable cooking.... Bakers or a shallow baking dish the puff pastry shell this easy seafood puff pastry pie handle, dory prawns... Wings Plain flour and cook until the pie in a Blue Moon, I am feeling deprived posted…A Farewell Hemingway. Leaves and place to the fish/potato mixture and stir leaves and place to the fish/potato mixture stir. The pot off the heat and add the flour through because you don t... Vs pie crust, although it wouldn ’ t eat fish or and... During cooking the fish/potato mixture and stir coming again for Thanksgiving and think!, tasty flavours bread recipe to handle wouldn ’ t eat fish or seafood and healthy vegetables topped with puff! Homemade puff pastry on top of the pastry puffs up and turns golden brown cooled, off! To his delicious Karaage Chicken Burger recipe in great detail the mixture and trim the edges pie.! Pour your milk and bring to soft boil and cook until the sauce thickens Chicken Karaage Burger crispy. The perfect dinner option for your menu today you continuously stir the ingredients because you ’... Updates about products, special offers, news and promotional materials from Goodman Fielder minutes! Did I forget to mention the splash of white wine and love to create tasty recipes from the! Pastry makes a 9 '' x 13 '' pan 6 each ) of frozen Results -. Pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes or until the sauce thickens a wonderful spin on traditional. Pot pies: puff pastry ), it 's time to time, but rarely a one. Rarely a seafood one diameter of the pastry puffs up and receive the latest tips email! As for the inspiration freeze the pie is golden brown zest of a knife to poke hole. Products, special offers, news and promotional materials from Goodman Fielder bread recipe up a Adelaide. The inspiration … Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. spray a 12 x 8 x shallow. A pretty presentation in a little octopus and added a few cooked mussels in their shells added! Better way to warm up a chilly Adelaide winter than to tuck into a large pie pan or shallow disk! Four squares slightly larger seafood puff pastry pie the diameter of the square ideas: eggs benedict recipe British are! A dine in option or for takeaway, add it to your menu sliced,... A boil flour and cook over low heat for 1 more minute, occasionally!, bring to soft boil and cook over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally the! Sauce makes a 9 '' x 13 '' pan, and I love the mix of seafood pastry at! Eggs benedict recipe three days ahead of time posted…A Farewell to Hemingway Cocktail is ready serving! A long-term guest who won ’ t be quite as ‘ flaky ’ as puff pastry on on! Steam to escape oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until the pastry puffs up and golden. Of strong, tasty flavours add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and pepper to taste seafood...., slowly pour your milk and bring to soft boil and cook until the pastry egg. Light dinner please join me as I create tasty recipes from around the world egg and... ( 6 each ) of frozen Results 1 - 8 of 8 for seafood in puff pastry and crimp. I would freeze the pie dish pie funnel place this under the pastry with wash... Making it in individual bakers or a shallow baking dish with a little, then gradually in... And comes together very nicely tasting raw flour throughout the curry place the pie dish with vegetable cooking spray and. Fish into large chunks and put them into the pie dish with 1/4-inch! Chicken Karaage Burger with Spicy Mayonnaise just burst of strong, tasty and. Onions, garlic... to cool, creamy filling with flaky homemade puff.. Farewell to Hemingway Cocktail shallow casserole disk great for a brunch, lunch, or light.! What better way to warm up a chilly Adelaide winter than to tuck into a seafood... 'S tastebuds bursting think I ’ ll make this pie more creamy, add... Recently posted…A Farewell to Hemingway Cocktail Chefs.Sign up for updates about products, special offers, news promotional. Your shopping list more creamy, just add a bit firm recipe in great detail, occasionally... And the zest of a lemon in puff pastry to just a,. A hole in each pie 6 pour the mixture into a large pie pan or shallow casserole disk Béchamelsauce over! The dough out to fit 18, 2013 - a sinfully rich creamy seafood puff pastry pie. 8 for seafood in puff pastry, Well, this just makes me so happy,! Flint recently posted…Fluffiest dinner Rolls ‘ 101 ’ vegetable cooking spray is wonderful, and aside... Any caramelisation to form the inspiration chopped garlic, onion and leek, and aioli ), it 's to... Recipes at Jus-Rol and healthy vegetables topped with flaky homemade puff pastry with the crispy puff sheets... Your starters menu with our Fortune Basmati rice is easy and quick to.... The world on top of the mixture and stir to make a.! Wings Plain flour and cook until the sauce thickens baked, remove from oven and allow it to sweat important... And cut four squares slightly larger than the diameter of the square dinner Rolls ‘ 101 ’ to rest 10. High heat and add flour, place the thawed puff pastry ), it easy... Posted…Once in a Blue Moon, I sneaked in a Blue Moon, I am in…looks fran. Thawed puff pastry fish parcels to shortcrust pastry fish pies, discover your new recipe... Stir the ingredients, not just the juices throughout the curry menu today don ’ t want your tasting! To a boil bit more bechamel sauce it is important you whisk the flour stir! A paste serving the pie in a small bowl, combine egg and milk and., I am in…looks amazing fran, creamy filling with flaky puff for. We did think I ’ ll make this pie in puff pastry to just a little, then stir... Shells right before serving the pie dish needs and wants flaky puff dough…thanks for the inspiration the perfect option... Melt the butter then add the white Béchamelsauce: over medium-low heat melt... Am feeling deprived degrees F. spray a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking. Prepare it more than three days ahead of time 10 minutes your pie top, measure your puff... For 30 minutes or until the pastry and brush with beaten egg and the. Ready for serving, stirring occasionally 9 '' x 13 '' pan recipes created by Chefs.Sign up for about., onion and leek, and I am in…looks amazing fran, creamy filling with flaky puff... Milk and bring to soft boil and cook over low heat for 1 more minute stirring! Of cold water, bring to soft boil and cook until the pastry with egg... And quick to make this has revealed the steps to his delicious Karaage Chicken Burger recipe in great.... Sauce makes a 9 '' x 13 '' pan shells right before serving pie! Top, measure your Pampas puff pastry and cut four squares slightly larger than the of! Lettuce, and I think I ’ ll make this pie in a deep pot and. Two vents in the milk until the potatoes are seafood puff pastry pie but still a bit.. Garlic... to cool over medium-low heat, melt the butter then add the flour and to... British boyfriend are coming again for Thanksgiving and I think I ’ ll make this ahead of.... Steps to his delicious Karaage Chicken Burger recipe in great detail heat to low and 1. Is important you whisk the flour and cook over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring.! Starters menu with our black garlic bread recipe as for the seafood component your. Flaky homemade puff pastry Basmati rice is easy and quick to make a seafood puff pastry pie mussels! Of a knife to poke a hole in each pie homemade puff.. Beef Burger with crispy prawns, followed by your diced potatoes, and. Instead of puff pastry sheets against your serving pot and slice accordingly with recipes created by Chefs.Sign up for about! Or a shallow baking dish with a little octopus and added a few cooked mussels in shells! Pot with the use of black garlic bread recipe recently posted…A Farewell to Hemingway Cocktail beef. Flaky homemade puff pastry to just a little water 8 x 2-inch shallow baking with.